UFC light-heavyweight Phil Davis was forced out of his UFC 133 booking against top contender Rashad Evans with a knee injury and he has already been replaced. The fine folks at HeadKickLegend have revealed that Lyoto Machida will step in on less than a months notice to face Evans. The winner is expected to face the winner of the UFC 135 title bout between Jon Jones and Rampage Jackson.
The fight will be a rematch of their bout at UFC 96, where Machida scored a brutal knockout over Evans.
Evans is coming off of a long lay-off, while Machida is fresh off of a spectacular knockout victory of UFC legend Randy Couture. The updated UFC 133 card now looks like this:
- Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans
- Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort
- Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
- Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
- Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya
- Brian Ebersole vs. Dennis Hallman
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Nick Pace
- Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce
- Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan
- Rafael “Sapo” Natal vs. Costantinos Phillippou