Earlier this week, XFC International issued a press release where they announced they had signed seven female fighters to exclusive contracts. With these latest additions to the roster, XFC will certainly grow their international presence. Let’s go down the list.
Two of the signees, Brazil’s Kalindra Faria and Serbia’s Sanja Sucevic fought each other at XFCI 4 In April. Faira defeated Sucevic via decision.
Faira, who is 15-3, is one of the top female fighters to come out Brazil in recent years while Sucevic, 4-3, is considered one of the best fighters from Eastern Europe. Prior to XFCI she had a run in India’s Super Fight League.
Other fights who signed contracts include:
- Vanessa Melo (Brazil) – is 3-2 and is currently on a two-fight winning streak.
- Vanessa Guimaraes (Brazil) – is 3-2 and coming off of a split-decision win Mayerlin Rivas
- Silvana ”La Malvada” Juarez (Argentina) – is 3-0 in competition with all of her wins being stoppages.
- Mayerlin Rivas (Venezuela) – made her pro debut against Guimaraes where she lost by split-decision.
- Gloria Bravo (Chile) – currently 1-2 in her professional career.
XFC International President Myron D Molotky , said the promotion is “pleased to add these talented and inspiring athletes to our growing female roster of XFC International fighters.”
“Eastern Europe and Latin America produces some of the highest level MMA fighters in the world. Proving themselves in the XFC Hexagon, these warriors will continue to elevate the Next Generation of Champions in their respective divisions. XFC is proud of their representation both inside and outside of the XFC Hexagon.”
Melo, Guimaraes, Juarez and Rivas will compete in the XFCi MMA Tournament Finals and are all scheduled to compete on XFCi 5 June 7, 2014.
What fight are you looking forward to seeing in the finals? Answer with a comment below or send a tweet to @cagepagesfs