The day before the big day, weigh-in day for the upcoming Bellator 120 PPV took place on a rare Friday evening in Southaven, Mississippi at the Landers Center–host venue of Saturday’s event.
A total of 14-fights on this mega card, which meant a total of 28 fighters stepped on the scale to make weight. Including main eventers King Muhammad Lawal and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, who will finally settle their grudge in the cage as part of the finals of the light heavyweight tournament.
The time for talking was over, “Real talk, I’m waiting for Rampage, I’ve been waiting for him,” Lawal said.
“Y’all need to know one thing, I didn’t train to beat Mo, I trained to destroy him. He ain’t gon’ last long in that cage tomorrow, that’s all I got to say,” Jackson said.
The two engaged in a back and forth exchange of words during the staredown before Rampage ended it by shoving Lawal.
A co-main event interim-lightweight title fight between former champion Michael Chandler and Season 9 tournament winner, Will Brooks.
“I’m really excited, this is one of those opportunities for me,” Brooks said. “No more talking, tomorrow night we find out.”
“Hats off to him for stepping up, I’m going to go out there and put on a show for the fans, I’m not going to disappoint,” Chandler said.
The 3rd of the 3 featured bouts on the Bellator PPV is the debut of Tito Ortiz (16-11-1) against the Bellator middleweight champion, Alexander Shlemenko (50-7).
“Tomorrow night, will be American old school vs Russian style,” Shlemenko said.
“This guy is the best 185lber in the world, I’m going to show why I’m the best at 206,” Ortiz said. “Fight tomorrow it’s everything brother, we’re going to give the fans what they want to see.”
As has become accustomed with Bellator fight cards, a couple of the fighters on the preliminaries missed weight.
Full Bellator 120 Weigh-In Results:
Main Card (10 PM EST, Pay-per-view)
- Light Heavyweight tournament final: Quinton Jackson (205.9) vs. Muhammed Lawal (205.6)
- Interim-Lightweight Title Fight: Will Brooks (154.2) vs. Michael Chandler (154.9)
- Tito Ortiz (205.5)vs. Alexander Shlemenko (201.9)
- Heavyweight Tournament final: Blagoi Ivanov (249.5) vs. Alexander Volkov (236.1)
- Michael Page (170.5) vs. Ricky Rainey (170.1)
Preliminary Card (8 PM EST, Spike TV)
- Cheick Kongo (235) vs. Eric Smith (253.8)
- 158lb catchweight: Marcin Held (158) vs. Nate Jolly (158)
- Fabricio Guerreiro (147.9)* vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev (145.1)
- Mike Richman (145.5) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (145.5)
Preliminary Card (6 PM EST, Spike.com)
- Austin Lyons (152.4)* vs. Zach Underwood (152.3)*
- Justin Frazier (264.5) vs. Mike Wessel (257.9)
- Ben Brewer (170.2) vs. Andy Uhrich (170.5)
- Anthony Lemon (170) vs. Codie Shuffield (170)
- Brian Hall (125.6) vs. Cortez Phelia (125.6)
*indicates fighter missed weight