Cage Warriors 69 went down on Saturday evening at The Forum in London, England. The event fittingly dubbed “Super Saturday” featured a total of 16 fights on the card–a preliminary card, and a main card split into two parts. The featured bouts on both main cards were two title fights—including the headliner, a lightweight title fight between Steven Ray and Curt Warburton in a rematch from BAMMA 12, which saw Warburton get the better of Ray via unanimous decision to win the BAMMA Lightweight title from the Scottish fighter.
The result would be different 15 months later, as Stevie Ray would even up the score and avenge his earlier loss to Curt Warburton. The fight, lasting a full five championship rounds was fully contested on the feet, saw both lightweights land their share of kicks to the body and to the legs of their opponent–the most definitive strikes in the match. While Warburton was the aggressor early on in the first, the southpaw Ray found success in the later rounds using his unpredictability to land a couple of spinning back kicks.
The tactical stand up battle was ultimately won by Stevie Ray, being award the judges’ split decision and once again capturing the Cage Warriors Lightweight championship.
The main event of the first main card saw the Norwegian, Jack Hermansson capture the vacant Cage Warriors Middleweight Championship, eventually putting away the tough Frenchman Norman Paraisy in the 4th round with a submission.
Full Cage Warriors 69 Results:
- Vacant Lightweight title: Stevie Ray def. Curt Warburton via Split Decision (50-45, 47-48, 48-47)
- Jack Marshman def. Bola Omoyele via Submission (armbar)–Round 1, 4:51
- Mohsen Bahari def. Ben Alloway via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jake Bostwick def. Simeon Thoresen via Majority Decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jack Mason def. Bruno Carvalho via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Damir Hadzovic def. Martin Delaney via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vacant Middleweight Title: Jack Hermansson def. Norman Paraisy via Submission (rear naked choke)–Round 4, 4:49
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk def. Rosi Sexton via Knockout (punch)–Round 2, 2:36
- Tim Wilde def. Damien Brown via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marcin Wrzosek def. Arnold Allen via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Graham Turner def. Suleiman Bouhata via TKO (strikes)–Round 3, 1:08
- Brad Wheeler def. Jason Cooledge via Submission (rear naked choke)–Round 2, 3:27
- Brett Caswell def. Spencer Hewitt via Submission (heel hook)–Round 2, 2:09
- Kerry Hughes def. Amanda Kelly via TKO (punches)–Round 2, 4:56
- Aaron Blackwell def. Adam Ventre via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Darren Stewart def. Michael Ravenscroft via TKO (elbows)–Round 1, 1:23