Bellator’s 2nd 2014 Summer Series event, Bellator 122 will take place Friday, July 25th at the Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, California. The card is headlined by two tournament finals in the middleweight and welterweight divisions.
The main event is the Season 10 welterweight tournament championship between Andrey Koreshkov (16-1) against the undefeated Adam McDonough (11-0).
The 23 year old Koreshkov looks for his 2nd tournament title, previously winning the season 7 tournament. The Russian defeated Nah-Shon Burrell and Justin Baesman—both by impressive early first round knockouts—to punch his ticket into the finals.
While hometown favourite from Temecula, Adam McDonough will look to win his first tournament and earn his first title shot, previously defeating Jesse Juarez and Nathan Coy in the quarter and semi-finals.
The 4-man middleweight tournament final between Brett Cooper (20-9) and Brandon Halsey (6-0) was originally scheduled to take place at Bellator 119, but Cooper suffered a minor injury that forced him out of the bout. The two will now face off in the co-main event to determine the next challenger for Alexander Shlemenko’s middleweight title.
Cooper looks for his first tournament win after falling short in the finals during season 8, he knocked out Kendall Grove in the 2nd round.
Halsey was a late replacement into the tournament after Dan Cramer and Jeremy Kimball’s bout was cancelled, the native of California won a unanimous decision over Joe Pacheco in the semifinals.
Rounding out the 4-fight main card on Spike TV is a Summer Series light heavyweight tournament semifinal, between Liam McGeary and Egidijus Valavicius. And likely the two most notable names on the card, veteran welterweight Phil Baroni makes his Bellator debut against, Karo Parisyan.
This will the first official Bellator card run under the new management of CEO Scott Coker, after he replaced former long-time CEO Bjorn Rebney. Although the majority of the matchmaking on this Bellator 122 card were from Bjorn Rebney and current match maker Sam Caplan.
All 24 fighters on the card made weight Thursday evening to make their bouts official.
Bellator 122 Weigh-In Results:
Main Card (9 PM EST, Spike TV)
- Season 10 welterweight tournament final: Andrey Koreshkov (170.8) vs. Adam McDonough (170.5)
- Season 10 welterweight tournament final: Brett Cooper (186) vs. Brandon Halsey (185)
- Summer Series light heavyweight tournament semifinal: Liam McGeary (203) vs. Egidijus Valavicius (204)
- Phil Baroni (170) vs. Karo Parisyan (169)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Linton Vassell (205) vs. Virgil Zwicker (206)
- Matt Frembling (236) vs. Augusto Sakai (255.5)
- Bubba Jenkins (146) vs. Poppies Martinez (145)
- Manny Lara (251.5) vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy (240)
- Summer Series light heavyweight tournament semifinal: Kelly Anundson (205.5) vs. Philipe Lins (206)
- Karl Amoussou (170) vs. Fernando Gonzalez (172.2)
- Saad Awad (156) vs. Joe Duarte (155)
- Stephen Martinez (155.6) vs. Sergio Rios (154.9)