The opening fight of UFC 177: Dillashaw vs. Soto prelims on Fox Sports 1 is a pair of debuting lightweights; the undefeated Cain Carrizosa (6-0) and Chris Wade (7-1).
Carrizosa, a 28 year old California native is both a Bellator and a Tachi Palace Fights alum, coming off back to back finishes coming into his debut.
Chris Wade has competed in all but one of his eight fights for Ring of Combat, going undefeated in the promotion. His lone loss came at WSOF 2 against Ozzy Dugulubgov.
Carrizosa aggressive from the opening bell came swinging wildly at Wade, who capitalizes with a beautiful hip toss takedown. Wade allows Carrizosa to get back to his feet, but attempts to take his back in the process. Unable to get it, Wade switches to a guillotine choke, pulling guard and with a tight squeeze forces Carrizosa to pass out. Chris Wade earns his first UFC victory.
“I’m not gonna lie that feels great. I was in the moment, the jitters set in, but I just relied on my wrestling and pulled it out,” Wade said post-fight.
Up to date UFC 177 Live Results:
Main card (10 P.M. EST, PPV)
- UFC Bantamweight Title: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Joe Soto
- Tony Ferguson vs. Danny Castillo
- Bethe Correia vs. Shayna Baszler
- Ramsey Nijem vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Damon Jackson
Preliminary Card (8 P.M. EST, FOX Sports 1)
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Derek Brunson
- Ruan Potts vs. Anthony Hamilton
- Chris Wade def. Cain Carrizosa via Submission (guillotine choke)–Round 1, 1:12