Bellator Season 11 kicks off on Friday, September 6th with Bellator 123: Curran vs. Pitbull 2, which features a Bellator featherweight title rematch between champion, Pat Curran (20-5) and Season 9 featherweight tournament winner, Patricio “Pitbull” Freire (21-2).
Curran is set to defend his newly won Bellator featherweight title for the first time, since defeating Daniel Straus for the belt at Bellator 112. The 2-time champion faces rival Patricio “Pitbull” Freire in a rematch of their close 5-round title fight from Bellator 85, a year ago in which Curran took a narrow split decision.
Also part of the 5-fight main card airing on Spike TV, a light heavyweight contest between ‘King Mo’ Muhammed Lawal (12-4) vs. Dustin Jacoby (10-3); a heavyweight fight pitting Cheick Kongo (21-9-2) against Lavar Johnson (18-9), the debut of TNA star, Bobby Lashley (10-2) vs. Josh Burns (8-7); and the return of “The Barn Cat” Tamdan McCrory after a 5 year period out of the sport, taking on Season 9 middleweight tournament winner Brennan Ward
Before the main card, 10 preliminary fights are scheduled to take place on the undercard, featuring the likes of: young 22 year old prospect Steve Garcia; and season 10 featherweight tournament competitors Scott Cleve vs. Matt Bessette.
Bellator 123 will be held at the Mohegan Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut with the prelims starting at 6 P.M. ET / 3 P.M. PT, and the main card airing on Spike TV at 8 P.M. ET / 5 P.M. PT.
Bellator 123 Results:
- Bellator Featherweight Title: Patricio Freire def. Pat Curran via Unanimous Decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46)
- Muhammed Lawal def. Dustin Jacoby via TKO (punches)–Round 2, 1:13
- Tamdan McCrory def. Brennan Ward via Knockout (punches)–Round 1, 0:20
- Bobby Lashley def. Josh Burns via Submission (rear-naked choke)–Round 2, 3:54
- Cheick Kongo def. Lavar Johnson via Submission (rear-naked choke)–Round 1, 3:27
- Brandon Fleming vs. Blair Tugman
- Philipe Martins vs. Pete Rogers Jr.
- Mark Griffin vs. Mike Mucitelli
- Dan Cramer def. Perry Filkins via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Scott Cleve def. Matt Bessette via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Josh Diekmann def. Mike Wessel via Knockout (punches)–Round 1, 0:47
- Steve Garcia def. Kin Moy via Split Decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Rico DiSciullo def. Marvin Maldonado via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)