Fighters took to the scales on Friday ahead of their respective bouts at UFC 211. Both champions and challengers hit their required marks to make both UFC title bouts official.
The early weigh-ins for UFC 211 took place on Friday morning, with fighters given a two-hour window to hit the scales and make weight.
The majority of the fighters made weight early on, however with half an hour to go both heavyweight title challenger Junior dos Santos, and strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk had not yet weighed in. There was no last-minute drama, with both fighters making weight to confirm the event’s two championship bouts.
The official weigh-ins take place earlier to allow fighters more time to rehydrate before the event. A further ceremonial weigh-in will take place at 7 pm ET Friday evening at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.
One bout did fall off the card, however, with featherweight, Jared Gordon forced off the card. Gordon explained via his social media accounts that he would not be able to weigh-in after experiencing food poisoning symptoms on Thursday night.
Gordon’s opponent Michel Quinones did make weight successfully and will receive his show money.
UFC 211 is headlined by a heavyweight championship bout between Stipe Miocic and Junior dos Santos. The two first met in December 2014 with dos Santos winning via unanimous decision.
In the co-main event, Joanna Jedrzejczyk makes the fifth defence of her strawweight title against surging Brazilian Jessica Andrade.
The full weigh-in results are below:
Main Card on Pay-Per-View (10pm ET)
- Stipe Miocic (246) vs. Junior dos Santos (245) – Heavyweight Championship
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115) vs. Jessica Andrade (114.5) – Strawweight Championship
- Demian Maia (170.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170)
- Frankie Edgar (145.5) vs. Yair Rodriguez (146)
- David Branch (186) vs. Krzysztof Jotko (185)
FX Prelims (8pm ET)
- Eddie Alvarez (156) vs. Dustin Poirier (156)
- Jason Knight (146) vs. Chas Skelly (146)
- Jared Gordon () vs. Michel Quinones (145.5)
- Marco Polo Reyes (154) vs. James Vick (156)
UFC Fight Pass Prelims (6.30pm ET)
- Jessica Aguilar (115) vs. Cortney Casey (116)
- Rashad Coulter (241) vs. Chase Sherman (250)
- Enrique Barzola (146) vs. Gabriel Benitez (145.5)
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov (204) vs. Joachim Christensen (204.5)
For all things, MMA and UFC 211 make sure you follow us on twitter @cagepagesfs for full live coverage.